Mixologist Ben Watts tells us how to make a refreshing and elegant martini variant that makes use of any leftover/slightly flat champagne or Prosecco that we all invariably find lurking in the fridge.
What you need:
- Coupette glass
- Cocktail Stirrer
Ingredients (based on one cocktail):
- Granulated white sugar
- Champagne (or Prosecco)
- 50 ml of a white spirit (preferably pisco, otherwise dry gin or white rum will do)
- 10ml dry white wine (something like a Sauvignon blanc, Chardonnay or Albariño)
- 10ml champagne cordial
- Lemon peel
- To make the cordial mix 2 parts of granulated white sugar with 1 part of champagne over a very low heat until dissolved
- Stir all the ingredients over ice until 20-25% diluted
- Fine strain into a chilled coupette glass
- Twist a lemon peel over the glass and discard the peel
- Drink and enjoy!
© Knowledge Recycled Limited. All rights reserved.